Wordpess website security issue is really big challenge to both developer and website owner. Many malpractices like malware infection, phishing, hacking, virus etc. are common in these days. If you are serious in business then security and digital marketing is really important aspects.
For better protection and security website owners always search better plugins.
Best plugins and some best actionable steps is always good for security of WordPress CMS.
What are some best security methods?
- Always prefer any premium theme.
- Keep latest versions of WP / Theme / Plugins or we have to update older version to latest one.
- Some plugins blacklisted by Google, if you use that kind of plugins our site also will Blacklisted by Google.
- User name and password must be a combination of character, letters and number.
Recovering of hacked website is very complicated, 90% website will ruined by the hackers they will stole website data and user details. So best option to protect this kind of malpractices are follow above steps and installing good security wp plugin.
In my websites I installed BPS (BulletProof Security) plugin –
BPS Security plugin gives us a complete website protection, like Firewall security, Login Security, Database Security and Backup … Really reduce workload.
BULLETPROOF SECURITY FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
- One-Click Setup Wizard
- .htaccess Website Security Protection (Firewalls)
- Hidden Plugin Folders|Files Cron (HPF)
- Login Security & Monitoring
- Idle Session Logout (ISL)
- Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
- DB Backup: Full|Partial DB Backups | Manual|Scheduled DB Backups | Email Zip Backups | Cron Delete Old Backups
- DB Backup Logging
- DB Table Prefix Changer
- Security Logging
- HTTP Error Logging
- FrontEnd|BackEnd Maintenance Mode
- UI Theme Skin Changer (3 Theme Skins)
- Extensive System Info
More options available with premium features